Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Caterers

The food at our wedding will all be vegan. I mean this in the strictest sense of "There will be bridal tears if this aspect gets messed up." How do you make that clear to the caterer and make sure you have a caterer who you trust with this?

My venue had a list of caterers. Bringing in an outside caterer who specializes in vegan food would have cost us an extra $3000 fee. So I went to work calling each caterer on the list, talking about their ideas and my ideas, and getting pricing. I was not happy with the first caterer I spoke with, and that made me very worried about how it would work out. But in going through the list, about 5 of the caterers were pretty excited about the potential opportunity, had done some vegan foods before, and didn't seem like they were flat out lying to me. For example, a claim in Philadelphia of "I've done a lot of vegan weddings before" sounds like a lie or like maybe they don't know what I mean by a vegan wedding.

We did tastings with 3 caterers, and settled on Karen's Catering. She really blew us away with the hors d'ouvres especially. And we'll be able to give a choice of 3 delicious entrees.

2 comments:

  1. Loosh Culinaire, located in Columbia SC, offers gourmet catering services to a wide spectrum of clients with imaginative, elegant cuisine. Events range from small corporate meetings to large-scale, plated wedding receptions. Caterers in columbia sc... Very helpful. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 到會推介 Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete