Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wedding Dresses

My MOH and I went to one bridal shop where every dress except for two ugly ones was silk (or had some silk). They told me for non-silk to go to David's Bridal. If you've seen mean girls, it was like when Rachel McAdams went to the store 1-3-5 and couldn't fit into the size 5, and the store employee told her to try Sears. When she saw my face fall, she suggested Alfred Angelo (a fine option, actually). There are, in fact, plenty of vegan wedding dresses, by different designers.

I got a beautiful lace one by Watters. Lace is a great option (as long as the lining isn't silk). You'll want to avoid the really high end designers, but you don't have to go to David's Bridal if you don't want to. There was also a cute one at a bridal consignment shop (also a very good option for dress shopping) that I just didn't fall in love with on the spot (and if you don't get it on the spot when there's only one of it, that's pretty much the end of the story).

Call the store in advance and ask them to tell you how many non-silk dresses they have, or at least confirm that they have a bunch. I actually had done this with the store that only had 3. So it's no guarantee you won't be disappointed, but it's often helpful. Lovely in NYC was kind enough to figure out what was vegan in anticipation of my arrival, so no time was wasted. The Bridal Garden in NJ was also great, and that's where I ended up buying.

1 comment:

  1. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up.
    Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete