Friday, April 27, 2012

Vegan Entrees

I'm pretty excited about the wedding food.  We're getting our act together in choosing entrees.  Initially, I wanted one seitan and one tofu dish.  I've moved a bit away from that, because the tofu dish I insisted on got wrinkled noses from my dad and my MOH when we went to do a tasting with the caterer (Karen's Catering).  It was a salmon-inspired dish that I had suggested, and even though it wasn't fishy tasting at all, the notion of a tofu dish that sort of reminded people of salmon was appalling to them as non-vegans.  (For those in Philly, think pacific-rim grilled tofu from Horizons/Vedge - it's a delish meal.)  Anyway, the seitan chimichurri stays.  It was awesome - my dad loved it too.  Enter also white bean ravioli (yum!) and phyllo veggie pockets over risotto.  I'm pretty sure most of my non-vegan guests will go for the ravioli, because it's closest to their comfort zone.  Maybe some more adventurous folks will try the seitan, though!  By the way, it's http://karenscatering.org/  the .com address is some other catering company that I know nothing about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment