Friday, April 20, 2012

Vegan Shoes

Last Fall I went to Moo Shoes in NYC, mainly to browse. I saw a cute pair of NeuAura sandals that I thought would be perfect for my wedding. And they were on sale, and they had size 7 available. Well, it turns out in NeuAura, I'm definitely more of a 6/6.5 (news to vegan shoe shoppers, 6 and 6.5 are actually the same size at NeuAura because they're European sizing). They didn't have my size. But I did find a lovely pair of work shoes at Moo Shoes (Elm, in black http://www.neuaurashoes.com/elm-black/) that are cute and comfy and stylish. A hard-to-find combo in vegan shoes, I'll admit. I balked at the $110 price tag, but I was feeling like a nice splurge, and when I walked around in them they felt so good. Alas, no wedding shoes.

Fast forward to April, and I don't yet have my wedding shoes, and haven't really seen anything great in the vegan shoe market, or at least not affordable. I saw some that I could get shipped from the UK, but at $250, and without knowing whether they'd fit . . . That's a tough sell for me.

So I started thinking there must be other stores that sell NeuAura besides Moo Shoes and ordering directly from NeuAura. The shoes are probably last summer's style, and definitely not on the NeuAura website (and they aren't making anything similar right now). Thank you Google! Nancy's Gone Green! sells them! http://www.nancysgonegreen.com/neuaura-aspen-sequin-evening-sandals-heels-in-silver-white.html $30, I like that price! And the code "facebook10" gets you a nice 10% off, so I helped myself to another cute pair of NeuAuras, 'cause why not?

I'm not sure where I was going to look next if I didn't find these. I was definitely worried. Places I checked (and that are worth generally checking) included Moo Shoes and Vegan Chic. I probably would have spent some time on Zappos, which does have a lot of vegan shoes if you figure out how to look for them. I'm just glad I didn't end up at Payless a week before the wedding grabbing something just barely tolerable. I probably shouldn't speak so soon, the shoes haven't arrived yet and I don't want to what's the vegan equivalent of counting-my-chickens-before-they-hatch?

Check back for men's vegan tux shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment